søndag 24. juli 2011

The norwegian horror weekend

When i find myself in times of trouble..  I take great comfort in the nature. Even God has cried all weekend, the rain has been unstoppable.  I needed to get away from the TV a little, get the terror on a safe distance for a short while. And trying to find beauty again. And this is what I have found:
Fuchsia flowering on my balcony

A rock pipit (skjærpiplerke)

A wet oyster catcher (tjeld)

A little seagull chick hiding in the wet grass

A dunlin (Myrsnipe)


A young red-necked phalarope (svømmesnipe)

A little stint (dvergsnipe)


A very wet dunlin

A young wagtail (linerle)



Not any of these pictures can make up for the terror, I know that. But it is my way of coping, staying sane. And finding beauty even after these tragic events. I also know I am lucky, having the biggest treasure of my life safe in Skien. As a mother I can try to understand the grief of the victims parents, but I do not think it is possible for anybody to fully imagine the deep sorrow and grief they are going through. My warmest condolances goes to all the victims and their relatives.

1 kommentar:

  1. Great picture of the wet Oyster Catcher! Just like we all feel nowadays ---
    What a blessing to be able to escape from horror and grief into beauty and innocence for a period! Thank you for sharing words & photos; they are equally good.

    SvarSlett